How to use Chess Partner for Beginners:
- To make a move, first (left) click on a piece, and then on
its destination square.
- To deselect a piece, (left) click again on the selected
- To castle, (left) click on the king and then on its
destination square. The rook moves automatically with it.
- To go back to the original setup, double click with the
right mouse button on the board.
- To go back one move, click once with the right mouse
- The applet checks legality of the moves, including check.
It follows the chess moves precisely, except that it does not allow you
to promote a piece to something different from a queen.
Restrictions of the program
- Promotion is automatically to a queen. Minor-promotion is
- The applet does not detect draw by repetition, or draw by
the 50 moves rule.
- The computer just makes the first legal move he sees.
- The computer only plays black.
GOOD LUCK !
Copyright: Hans Bodlaender and Eli Bachmupski